AIRWORTHNESS CERTIFICATION SPECIALIST
H55 and the 3rd Aviation Revolution
H55 is a technological legacy of Solar Impulse, the first airplane to fly day and night with unlimited endurance and having completed in 2016 the historical 42’000KM around the world journey in an electric airplane powered only by solar energy.
H55 develops and leverages the potential of electric propulsion in the world of aviation, making air transport cleaner, quieter, safer and more affordable. H55 focuses on the entire propulsion chain starting from the energy source and its management, right through thrust and power, as well as pilot interface and all control systems.
H55 is powering the 3rd aviation revolution. As a thriving start-up, H55 is creating revolutionary technologies around electric propulsion and future electric VTOL transportation solutions. With is proven technology, H55 has more electric manned hours of flight than any other company.
At H55, you will work with a very forward-looking team who are changing the way people travel. H55 is composed of a team of highly experienced engineers, entrepreneurs and managers and is seeking like mind talented professionals who understand how to couple creativity and innovation with technical and business considerations.
A dedicated, full time engineer to build up and lead certification and airworthiness activities, reporting directly to Head of Electric Propulsion Systems. Responsibilities include planning, directing, controlling and monitoring certification related programs with the Swiss Federal Office Civil Aviation (FOCA), European Aviation Safety Agency (EASA), the US Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) and other national aviation authorities.
- Handle and take charge of the entire technical certification process of H55’s advanced electric systems
- Build and maintain viable relationships with certification authorities and represent H55 in rulemaking committees
- Lead the investigation process, prepare certification data, plans and programs, and keep track of progress and evolution
- Create internal verification processes and regular submissions to certification authorities
- Training CVE responsible and lead, coach and mentor staff
- Work on ad-hoc related projects on behalf of management
- Education: University engineering degree in electric systems, electronics or a related field.
- Min of 2 years of professional experience with proven track record in certification of EASA and FAA CS-23/CS-25 processes
- Experience in working with EASA mandatory; having worked with the FAA would be looked upon favorably
- Knowledgeable on DO-178 and DO 160 standards
- Familiarity with the Authorities’ structures and strong skills in negotiating and executing certification paths with respect to entirely new aircraft concepts
- Solid project management skills
- Target-oriented, driven workstyle with analytic problem-solving capabilities
- Meticulous and well organized
- High level of self-reliance with the ability to work both autonomously and in a team environment
- Forward looking, creative thinker and curious
- Persistent and confident character
- Good judgment
- Comfortable in fast paced and dynamic work environments: able to concentrate and work under pressure is essential
- Attention to detail
- Capacity to prioritize, manage time effectively and multi-task
- Fluency in English language written and spoken are essential; fluent in German and/or French would be beneficial
- Strong motivation to help build and shape our organization, structures and processes
- Work Location: Sion and Valais, Switzerland
- Entry Date: Q3 2017
- Only qualified applications will be considered
- No recruitment agencies, please
Applications Sent To :
H55 is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes applications from all qualified individuals regardless of race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age. All aspects of employment including the decision to hire, promote, discipline, or discharge, will be based on competence, performance, and business needs.