POWER ELECTRONICS ENGINEER
H55 and the Next Aviation Revolution
H55 is a technological legacy of Solar Impulse, the first airplane to fly day and night with unlimited endurance and having completed in 2016 the historical 42’000KM around the world journey in an electric airplane powered only by solar energy.
H55 develops and leverages the potential of electric propulsion in the world of aviation, making air transport cleaner, quieter, safer and more affordable. H55 focuses on the entire propulsion chain starting from the energy source and its management, right through thrust and power, as well as pilot interface and all control systems.
H55 is powering the next aviation revolution. As a thriving start-up, H55 is creating revolutionary technologies around electric propulsion and future electric VTOL transportation solutions. With is proven technology, H55 has more electric manned hours of flight than any other company.
At H55, you will work with a very forward-looking team who are changing the way people travel. H55 is composed of highly experienced engineers, entrepreneurs and managers and is seeking like mind talented professionals who understand how to couple creativity and innovation with technical and business considerations.
As the Power Electronics Engineer you will be responsible for several key customer programs, reporting directly to the CTO / Head of Electric Propulsion Systems.
Specifically, reporting directly to the CTO, this includes:
- Manage project interface
- Coordinate and participate in the development of power electronics (motor controller, DCDC convertor, active rectifiers, …)
- Oversee and manage projects related to brushless electric motors
- Experience with certification processes; an asset
- Build and maintain viable technical relationships with key supplier and development partners
- Education: Engineering degree in electric systems or electronics
- 10 years of professional experience
- Demonstrate ability to follow through and bring projects to its completion
- Target-oriented, with analytic problem-solving capabilities
- Well organized including ability to properly document
- Capacity to prioritize, manage time effectively and multi-task
- Fluency in English and French language essential
- Work Location: Sion, Switzerland
- Entry Date: immediately
- Only qualified applications will be considered
- No recruitment agencies, please
Applications Sent To :
H55 is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes applications from all qualified individuals regardless of race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age. All aspects of employment including the decision to hire, promote, discipline, or discharge, will be based on competence, performance, and business needs.