As a member the Research and Development Team, you will be involved in preparing, reviewing and prosecuting patent applications.
You will directly report to the CTO.
Specifically, you will be responsible of:
• Collecting data from technical and scientific teams to write down technical descriptions of inventions for new patent applications
• Preparing documents for patent filing, coordinating with patents attorneys in the USA and in Europe • Reviewing Patents drafts together with the R&D team
• Assisting the Engineering teams and Scientists during invention evaluation
• Providing technical analysis prior art related to patentability, Freedom to Operate analysis or patents oppositions • Operating competitors patent monitoring, analyze and presenting results to the R&D team and Engineering, identify patents/patent applications to watch and/or oppose
• Carrying out projects prior art searches and analysis upon request from technical or business teams
You have a track record in a similar role as Patent Engineer, Patent scientist ideally in Aeronautics, other technology focused industry can be considered: automotive, railway or electronics.
• University degree in mechanical or electric/electronics engineering, law degree is a strong plus
• Minimum 5 years’ experience in industry, preferably in R&D, aerospace experience and certification knowledge is a strong asset • Patent prosecution experience in the USA and EU
• Strong technical knowledge and openness to new ideas and technologies
• Fluent in English, French is a plus
• Experience with Intellectual Property tasks and patents search tools is a plus
• Great interpersonal and communication skills, ability to interact with inventors and engineers
• Excellent organizational and planning skills with ability to prioritize multiple tasks and projects with tight deadlines
• Demonstrated capacity to maintain confidentiality and handle sensitive information
• Proficient with usual IT tools such as MS Office
• Critical thinking skills to analyse found results and completing a search report
▪ Work Location: Sion, Switzerland
▪ Entry Date: immediately
▪ Attractive compensation package commensurate with experience
▪ The position will evolve with the company’s growth
▪ Mrs Emmanuelle DOUX
▪ Only qualified applications will be considered.
▪ No recruitment agencies, please
H55 is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes applications from all qualified individuals regardless of race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age. All aspects of employment including the decision to hire, promote, discipline, or discharge, will be based on competence, performance, and business needs.
Sign up with your email address to receive the latest news and updates.