You will be leading the H55 Quality Management System with the following core activities:
- Chief of Independent System Monitoring for the Design Organisation (EASA Part 21 Subpart J)
- Quality Manager for the Production Organisation (EASA Part 21 Subpart G)
- Internal audits to verify the implemented Design Assurance System and Production Processes
- Supplier monitoring by means of performance surveying and external audits
- Survey and coordinate corrective actions from Authority or Client audits
- Point of contact for EASA and FOCA
- Form 4 Holder
You will report initially to the CEO
Specifically, you will be responsible for:
- Quality Management System: design and implement a lean H55 quality system and culture (vision and targets, standards and procedures, quality improvement plan, audits, etc.). Balancing the necessary discipline in execution and the H55 agile culture will be key.
- Occurrence Reporting: foster the internal reporting culture; process incoming reports according to the regulations and implement and enforce the corrective actions.
- Product and Process Design Quality: be accountable for all project related quality deliverables, in order to ensure the conformity of products, processes and equipment during development.
- Production Quality: monitor the conformity of products processes and equipment in production; implement a QRQC (Quick Response Quality Control) and Lessons Learned process.
- Purchasing Quality: ensure that supplier selection process considers quality performance appropriately; monitor that suppliers respect overall quality standards and that they have all necessary data and information from H55 in order to perform; make sure their quality concerns and improvement proposals are managed timely and properly by H55.
The ideal candidate will have a proven track record as a high-level quality engineer in technology focused industries such as aeronautics, automotive, railway and/or electronics.
Specifically, this includes:
- University degree in mechanical or electric/electronics engineering
- Minimum 7 years of related aviation experience in a combination of quality functions and operational responsibilities in production, programs or purchasing
- Demonstrated experience in EASA regulations (DOA, POA, MOA approved organizations); previous holder of EASA Form-4 is an advantage
- Thorough knowledge of the Independent System Monitoring process
- Experience in auditing.
- Success in driving operational excellence in quality and safety
- Comfortable in dealing with customers, suppliers and contractors from a global supply chain
The ideal candidate is a strategic thinker with a demonstrated ability to operate both strategically and tactically in highly fast changing environment.
- Strategic and tactical capabilities needed to be a driver and agent of change
- An outstanding hands-on leader with no ego, with common sense, recognized managerial skills, committed to organizational efficiency and team building focus
- Proven negotiation and communication skills with external and internal partners and authorities
- Demonstrated success in working as a team player, capable of interacting with people from diverse backgrounds and skill sets
- Expertise in Lean and QRQC techniques
- Fluent in English (written and oral); speaking French is an additional advantage
- Work Location: Sion, Switzerland
- Attractive compensation package commensurate with experience
- The position will evolve with the company’s growth
- Possibility to discuss contribution to re-locating expenses
Applications Sent To:
- Mrs Emmanuelle Doux
- Only qualified applications will be considered
- No recruitment agencies, please
H55 is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes applications from all qualified individuals regardless of race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age. All aspects of employment including the decision to hire, promote, discipline, or discharge, will be based on competence, performance, and business needs.