You will be part of the team developing our Electric Propulsion Unit (EPU). You will work closely with our partners and suppliers to develop the EPU, and integrate it into our state-of-the-art Electric Propulsion System. In addition, you will plan and participate in systems testing, as well as in other verification and validation activities. As a compliance verification engineer (CVE) for electric propulsion systems, you will ensure the EPU compliance to the applicable certification requirements.
You will report initially to the Chief Office of Airworthiness.
Specifically, you will:
- work closely with battery- & mechanical engineers to ensure the seamless integration of the EPU into the overall EPS, and ultimately into the aircraft.
- coordinate with flight & ground test staff to execute the integration and verification tests of the EPU and EPS.
- work with our partners and suppliers to ensure efficient cooperation, and support them regarding technical and airworthiness issues as needed.
- support system design reviews
- verify that the compliance demonstration data answers the applicable certification requirements.
- Witness compliance demonstration tests.
- Lead the preparation of the Certification Programme for the EPU.
- Co-ordinate technical and certification matters with his/her counterpart at EASA.
- University degree (min. bachelor) in a relevant engineering discipline (System Engineering, Power Electronics, Electrical Motors).
- Demonstrated experience and expertise typically 5+ years.
- Good understanding of aviation standards in the field of activity: SAE ARP 4754; SAE ARP 4761; ASTM; DO-160; IEC).
- Demonstrated experience in a relevant (type) certification process according EASA Part 21, certification specifications and certification principles (such as EASA CS-23 / FAR Part 23; CS-E / FAR Part 33) in the field of electric aviation.
- Demonstrated ability to follow through and bring projects to completion
- Target-oriented, with analytic problem-solving capabilities
- Well organized including ability to properly document in English language
- Capacity to prioritize, manage time effectively and multi-task
- Fluency in English (oral and written), French an asset
- Work Location: Sion, Switzerland
- Entry Date: immediately
- The position will evolve with the company’s growth
- Possibility to discuss contribution to re-locating expenses
Applications Sent To :
- Mrs Emmanuelle Doux
- Only qualified applications will be considered
- No recruitment agencies, please
H55 is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes applications from all qualified individuals regardless of race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age. All aspects of employment including the decision to hire, promote, discipline, or discharge, will be based on competence, performance, and business needs.