You will be part of the team developing our Electric Propulsion System (EPS). You will work closely with our systems and mechanical engineers and external suppliers to design mechanical components of our EPS for aircraft applications, with a particular focus on the design and certification of the Electric Propulsion Unit and the Reduction Gearbox. In addition, you will plan and participate in testing, as well as in other verification and validation activities. As a compliance verification engineer (CVE) for mechanical systems, you will ensure compliance to the applicable certification requirements.
You will report initially to the Chief Office of Airworthiness.
Specifically, you will:
- work closely with battery-, electrical- and electronics engineers to ensure the seamless integration of electromechanical components into the EPS.
- coordinate with flight & ground test staff to execute the integration and verification tests of the EPS.
- work with our partners and suppliers, and support them regarding technical and airworthiness issues as needed.
- support system design reviews
- verify that the compliance demonstration data answers the applicable certification requirements. Witness compliance demonstration tests.
- Lead the preparation of the Certification Programme related to mechanical aspects,.
- Co-ordinate technical and certification matters with his/her counterpart at EASA.
- University degree (min. bachelor) in a relevant engineering discipline (Aerospace engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Gearbox design).
- Demonstrated mechanical engineering experience of 5+ years, ideally in the field of electric motor and/or reduction gearbox development.
- Demonstrated experience in a relevant (type) certification process according EASA Part 21, certification specifications and certification principles (such as EASA CS-23 / FAR Part 23; CS-E / FAR Part 33).
- Demonstrated ability to follow through and bring projects to completion
- Target-oriented, with analytic problem-solving capabilities
- Well organized including ability to properly document in English language
- Capacity to prioritize, manage time effectively and multi-task
- Fluency in English (oral and written), French an asset
- Work Location: Sion, Switzerland
- Entry Date: immediately
- The position will evolve with the company’s growth
- Possibility to discuss contribution to re-locating expenses
Applications Sent To :
- Mrs Emmanuelle Doux
- Only qualified applications will be considered
- No recruitment agencies, please
H55 is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes applications from all qualified individuals regardless of race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age. All aspects of employment including the decision to hire, promote, discipline, or discharge, will be based on competence, performance, and business needs.